- Weekly curbside trash removal + recycling. Pick-ups are made Monday through Thursday. Find the pick-up day for your residence here.
- Weekly bulk pick up of larger items on your scheduled pick up day.
- Yard waste pick up April 1st through the second full week of December.
- A complete guide to recycling can be found here.
- The City’s recycling program is powered by Recyclebank and residents can enroll here.
A 95-gallon cart for trash and a 65-gallon cart for recycling is provided at no cost to all single-family homes. A larger recycle cart can be purchased for $65.00. Trash is picked up Monday through Thursday.
Holiday Waste Schedule
As a general rule, holidays push our residential pickup schedules back one day with regular schedules resuming the following week. If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it does NOT affect residential pickup schedules.
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
Billing and Payment
Billing is quarterly and billed in advance. Once you receive your first invoice, you can make payments and apply for discounts. Mail your payment to the P.O. Box printed on your invoice or pay online.
Effective April 1, 2020 - $57.33 per quarter. Invoices are sent by GFL.
Effective April 1, 2021- $58.98 per quarter. Invoices are sent by GFL the month prior to the start of the quarter.
Discounts (cannot be combined)
To enroll, call GFL at 248-204-6750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans Discount - 5%
- Senior Citizens (65 years old or older) – 5%
- Annual Prepayment – 3%
- Automatic Payment Program – 3%
- Snow Bird Discount - Maximum $30.00 - If you are away from your residence for a portion of the year, you can notify GFL and receive a discount of up to $30.00 annually. Contact GFL customer service at 248-204-6750 .
A 2% late fee will be applied to your account for any balance over 40 days past due.
Yard waste pick up April 1st through the second full week of December.
Rochester Hills residents have to dispose of hazardous waste material (items like paint, chemicals, and electronics). This can be done at SOCRRA in Troy.
Location: 995 Coolidge Road (between 14 Mile and Maple) in Troy
248.288.5150 |Website: www.socrra.org |Email: email@example.com
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 7:00am - 1:00pm
There is a $10 per car fee and a Rochester Hills voucher is required. Vouchers can be purchased at the Treasury desk at City Hall (during normal business hours) and online.
Recreational Vehicle Waste Disposal
There are no RV waste disposal stations in the city of Rochester Hills. Please visit www.rvdumps.com to find a listing of all disposal stations in Michigan.