Christmas Tree Recycling
The City of Rochester Hills will once again allow its residents to dispose of natural Christmas trees by dropping them off at the Clinton River Watershed Council on the following dates and times ONLY:
Saturday, January 9, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 10, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Clinton River Watershed Council is located at 1115 W. Avon Road (south side of Avon, just west of Livernois Road).
- Christmas trees will be accepted subject to ALL of the following conditions. No exceptions to these conditions will be made.
- Residents of Rochester Hills may drop off trees during the announced days and hours only.
- Trees shall be dropped off at the designated area only. Any other disposal, at or near the designated site, will constitute improper disposal and violators will be subject to ticketing.
- Only natural Christmas trees will be accepted. No mass or commercial disposal is permitted. No disposal of any other materials, natural or artificial, is permitted.
- All non-woody material, e.g., lights and wires, ornaments, rope, garland, stands and braces, bagging, etc., must be removed before drop off.
If you have questions regarding the Christmas Tree Recycling Program, please contact Matt Einheuser, Natural Resources Manager at 248-656-4673.