What benefits are offered by the City?
The City offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
- medical, dental, and vision
- disability and life insurance
- pension plan and retiree health savings
- longevity pay
- vacation, annual and compensatory time
- paid holidays
If there are no current openings, may I submit my resume to the Human Resources Department to be kept on file?
No. It is the City’s policy to only accept applications for currently advertised vacancies. Resumes are not accepted without a completed official City of Rochester Hills Employment Application
Does the Human Resources Department have email?
Yes, the address is email@example.com
How old do you have to be to work for the City?
Must be 18 years of age for most positions. Lifeguard applicants may be 16 years old.
What unions represent City Employees?
- AFSCME, Local 2491, Rochester Hills affiliated and chartered by Council 25 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (General Employees)
- AFSCME, Local 1917, Rochester Hills affiliated and chartered by Council 25 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (Supervisory Employees)
- IAFF, Local 3472, International Association of Firefighters (Full-Time Firefighters)
- MAFF, Michigan Association of Firefighters (Paid-on-Call Firefighters/EMT)