Show All Answers
2. Click "BUY" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
3. Enter "Rochester Hills" into the search bar and click SUBMIT. "Rochester Hills Fire Department" should be displayed.
4. Click on the blue SELECT DEPARTMENT button.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you find the heading RESIDENTIAL KNOXBOXES. We recommend the Knox HomeBox for a single family residential home.
6. Click BUY NOW, and you will be directed to a second page.
7. Enter the required information (contact and address) and create an account.
*Once your information is entered, an email will be sent to the Fire Marshal, who will approve your request. You will receive an email stating that your Knox HomeBox is ready for purchase. You will need to go back onto the website to complete the purchase.
*Your Knox Box will come open and YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CLOSE IT. Once it is installed, contact the Community Risk Reduction Division at 248.656.4717 to have an inspector come out. You will need to provide a copy of your house key to put in the box.
Call 800-552-5669 to order over the phone.
- to identify opportunities for writing new business- to manage the quality of community fire protection across their book of business- to review loss experience in various rating territories- to offer coverages and establish deductibles for individual homes and businessesInsurance companies — not ISO — establish the premiums they charge to policyholders. The methodology a company uses to calculate premiums for property insurance may depend on the company’s fire loss experience, underwriting guidelines, and marketing strategy.Here are some general guidelines to help you understand the benefits of improved PPC ratings for residents and businesses:- PPC may affect the underwriting and pricing for a variety of personal and commercial insurance coverages, including homeowners, mobile home, fine arts floaters, and commercial property (including business interruption).- Assuming all other factors are equal, the price of property insurance in a community with a good PPC is lower than in a community with a poor PPC.