- The last day to purchase a dog license at City Hall for the non-delinquent fee is June 1.
- Per Michigan State Law, all dogs four months or older are required to be licensed.
- To obtain a license, a current rabies vaccination certificate signed by the veterinarian is needed.
- Dog License fees vary based on whether the animal is spayed or neutered, and there is a discount for senior citizens. See pricing below.
- Per City Ordinance, no owner can keep more than 3 dogs; therefore, we will not issue more than three dog licenses to an owner. If you have more than 3 dogs, you must apply for a kennel license. Kennels are not allowed in the residential districts of our City.
Where to Purchase License:
- Rochester Hills Treasury Department (Make check payable to City of Rochester Hills)
- Some Local Veterinarians
- Oakland County Animal Control and Pet Adoption Center:
- In Person - 1200 N. Telegraph, Bldg. 42E, Pontiac, MI 48341
- Hours - Mon. - Fri. 10 am to 5 pm | Sat. 10 am to 4 pm
- Online - Get the license online
When to Purchase License:
- Dog licenses must be renewed annually; three-year licenses are also available.
- Licenses are valid January 1 through December 31. Licenses not renewed by June 1 become delinquent and license fee increases to $33.00.
License FeesSpayed/Neutered License: 1-year $10.50 / 3-year $28.50
Senior Citizen Price (65 or older): 1-year $9.75 / 3-year $26.25
Male/Female License: 1-year $18.00 / 3-year license $51.00
Senior Citizen Price (65 or older): 1-year $16.50/3-year $46.50
Delinquent (after June 1) $33.00*
*Unless new resident (within 30 days), new dog (within 30 days) or dog just turned four months of age (within 30 days)