- A City of Rochester Hills Park Permit is required for entry of all motor-driven vehicles at Spencer Park, Bloomer Park, and Yates Park. Vehicle registration determines residency status.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited within any city park.
- Pets are prohibited at Spencer Park May through September. Pets are allowed at all other park locations. When permitted, pets must be on a leash and under immediate control at all times.
- Speed limit within the parks is 15 miles per hour. Vehicles must stay on designated roads and parking lots.
- Children under the age of twelve (12) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and must be attended while in the swimming area at Spencer Park.
- No trailers, boats, or snowmobiles are allowed in any city park.
- Ground fires are prohibited.
- Destruction of property, natural surroundings, or wildlife within the parks is strictly forbidden.
- Disorderly conduct tending to create a breach of the peace, or disturb or annoy others within any city park is prohibited. Amplified sound/music is prohibited.
- The use of firearms or any other weapon is prohibited within the parks.
- Persons must abide by posted swim rules. Flotation devices of any kind are prohibited in the swim area.
Every person convicted of a violation of any provision of the Code or any ordinance, rule or regulation adopted or issued in pursuance thereof shall be punished by a fine of not more than $500.00 and/or imprisonment of not more than 90 days. In addition to the penalty prescribed above, the city may pursue other remedies such as abatement of nuisances, injunctive relief and revocation of licenses or permits.
Violation of Park Rules
For a complete list of Rules & Regulations: Code of Ordinances: Rules and Regulations
Click here for a PDF of the rules and regulations.