Programs by Grade
The Museum offers a wide range of grade-appropriate programs to fit your curriculum needs:
Kindergarten: Joshua Van Hoosen Had a Farm
Through the lens of "Myself and Others," students compare and contrast life today with farm life in the past. The Red House is the setting where students learn about Joshua's life on the farm using artifacts, stories and rhymes.
First Grade: Life in a Village
Through the lens of "Family and Friends," students use primary resources in the Red House to learn about different jobs in the village and participate in children's chores on a farm.
Second Grade: Life in a Town
Through the lens of "The Local Community," a PowerPoint pre-visit at your school allows students to use timelines, maps and photos to learn about changes over time in downtown Rochester in preparation for the Downtown Walking Tour.
Third Grade: Life in a Young State
Through the lens of the "State of Michigan," students think like a historian as they use primary resources in the Farmhouse and Dairy Barn to learn about the Stoney Creek settlement. Focusing on the Rochester area's location in the state, they will learn about movement of goods, people, jobs and information. We will focus on the pioneer spirit of the five generations that lived on the farm.
How to Order Your Goody Bags
- Call the Museum at 248.656.4663 or email us at email@example.com with the total number of goody bags you would like to order. Goody bags are $3.00 per student.
- Please place your order two weeks in advance, if possible.
- Goody Bags will be ready for you when you come to the Museum for your field trip, or they can be delivered to your class at the Schoolhouse.
- Payment may be by cash, credit card, or check made payable to the City of Rochester Hills.
Thank you in advance! All Museum Store purchases help to support our educational programs.Goody Bag Contents:
- Paddle Ball Toy
- Museum #2 Pencil
- Museum Wooden Ruler
- Metal Jacks and Ball
- Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm Sticker