Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 states that “No person in the United States shall on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefit of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in any program, service, or activity receiving federal assistance.” In addition, other Federal and State laws extend civil rights protections on the basis of sex, age, disability, height, weight, familial status and marital status. As a recipient of federal funds, the City is committed to providing equal opportunity and access to participation in federally funded programs and all City services.
More information regarding Title VI compliance can be found in the CORH Title VI Non-Discrimination Plan. If you believe your rights under Title VI have been violated, you may complete a CORH Title VI Complaint Form or contact the City’s Non-Discrimination Coordinator, Pam Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited English Proficiency (LEP)In 2000, President Bill Clinton signed Executive Order 13166, entitled Improving Access to Services for Individuals with Limited English Proficiency, establishing that individuals who do not speak English well and who have a limited ability to read, write and speak, or understand English are entitled to language assistance in order to meaningfully access programs and services in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
The City of Rochester Hills provides basic language translation assistance at all customer service counters during regular business hours. More extensive language services are available upon request, with at least seven calendar days advanced notice, by contacting the Human Resources Department. Services include oral interpretation for conducting City business and for public meetings (including signing for the hearing impaired), and translation of City documents. The optional English Language Translation Request Form may be completed by the customer, a designated representative or City Staff.
More information regarding LEP compliance can be found in the CORH Limited English Proficiency Plan. If you believe your LEP rights under Title VI have been violated, you may complete a CORH LEP Complaint Form or contact the City’s Non-Discrimination Coordinator, Pam Gordon at email@example.com.
Non-Discrimination CoordinatorThe Director of Human Resources has been designated as the City’s coordinator for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VI. Contact the Human Resources Department at 248.656.4708 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding complaints of discriminatory treatment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, limited English proficiency, disability or income status with respect to City services.
It is the policy of the city of Rochester Hills not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, height, weight, age, disability, military/veteran status or marital status. Please read the city's Employment Selection Policies for further details.
Anyone planning to attend a public meeting who has need of special assistance under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is asked to contact the Clerk's Office at 248.841.2460 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have attempted specifically to comply with Section 508 referring to website accessibility standards.
- If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.