Consumer Fireworks Restrictions
The use of Consumer Fireworks is restricted in the City of Rochester Hills to the following dates and times (per City Ordinance):
1. December 31 at 11 a.m. until 1 a.m. on January 1
2. The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Memorial Day between 11 a.m. and 11:45 p.m. on each of those days.
3. June 29th to July 4th between 11 a.m. and 11:45 p.m. on each of those days.
4. July 5, if that date is a Friday or Saturday between 11 a.m. and 11:45 p.m.
5. The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Labor day between 11 a.m. and 11:45 p.m on each of those days.
A person shall not ignite, discharge or use consumer fireworks on public property, school property, church property or the property of another without that organization's or person's express permission to use those fireworks on those premises.
There is a civil infraction penalty that carries a civil fine of $1,000 for each violation of this ordinance.
To read the full ordinance as adopted, click here and scroll down to Section 3301.1.3.