This area is dedicated to assisting residents in understanding the assessment process on a yearly basis. Please take the time to review the articles provided. If you have any further questions, please contact the Assessing Department at 248-656-4605.
- Understanding Property Taxes
- Your 2020 Property Assessment
- What happens to my taxable value when I buy a home?
You can view and download the following documents.
- 2021 Personal Property Statement
- Affidavit and Statement for Eligible Manufacturing Personal Property and Essential Services Assessment
- Affidavit to Claim Small Business Tax Exemption
- Conditional Rescission of Principal Residence Exemption
- Land Division Application
- Mailing Address Change Form
- Parcel Combination Request
- Petition for Board of Review
- Principal Residence Exemption (Please see notice below)*
- Property Tax Exemption
- Property Transfer Affidavit
- Request to Rescind Principal Residence Exemption
- Residential Information Questionnaire
- 2021 Guidelines
- 4506-T Request for Tax Transcript
- 4988 Poverty Exemption Affidavit
- 5737 - Application for Poverty Exemption
- 5739 - Affirmation of Ownership & Occupancy
- Checklist #1
- Checklist #2
- Checklist #3
- Federal Poverty Income Guidelines
- Poverty Instruction Letter
*Important Notice - Legislation effective May 1, 2012 has changed the deadline by which a Principal Residence Exemption may be filed. Please review the Notice Concerning Public Act 114 of 2012 for these important changes.
Apartment/Senior Housing List