Show All Answers
RESIDENTIAL: 1. Visit www.knoxbox.com
2. Click "BUY" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
3. Enter "Rochester Hills" into the search bar and click SUBMIT. "Rochester Hills Fire Department" should be displayed.
4. Click on the blue SELECT DEPARTMENT button.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you find the heading RESIDENTIAL KNOXBOXES. We recommend the Knox HomeBox for a single family residential home.
6. Click BUY NOW, and you will be directed to a second page.
7. Enter the required information (contact and address) and create an account.
*Once your information is entered, an email will be sent to the Fire Marshal, who will approve your request. You will receive an email stating that your Knox HomeBox is ready for purchase. You will need to go back onto the website to complete the purchase.
*Your Knox Box will come open and YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CLOSE IT. Once it is installed, contact the Community Risk Reduction Division at 248.656.4717 to have an inspector come out. You will need to provide a copy of your house key to put in the box.