Click to Home
PrintEmail
Go To Search
Foundation Area East of the Concrete Silo
The foundation area identified was several individual buildings at one time that later were joined together under one roof. This building appears in Sarah’s Master’s Thesis in 1916 and may have been built c.1910. It consisted of a shed, tool shed, workshop, and two icehouses. It burned to the ground in 1968 when the Big Barn burned.

The Smith Silo Company of Oxford, Michigan built the large concrete silo in 1930; and the small metal silo was constructed in 1940. Both of these silos were built during the most prosperous, productive times at the farm.

Stay Connected
FacebookTwitterRSS