Click to Home
PrintEmail
Go To Search
The Chicken Coops
chicken Coops
Located to the east of the Big Barn, approximately 75 yards along Runyon Road, were the Chicken Coops. It was here where Dr. Sarah Van Hoosen Jones began her management of the farm, raising Single Comb White Leghorn chickens. Turkeys were raised in the pen that was located further to the east. The Chicken Coops burned in 1934 and again in 1955, long after Sarah had changed the direction and emphasis of the farm from poultry to dairy.

Only the foundation remains along Runyon Road.

Stay Connected
FacebookTwitterRSS