Click to Home
Go To Search
Museum Site and Its History
The Museum Grounds
The Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm is surrounded by sixteen acres of rolling park grounds.

The Van Hoosen Farmhouse
The 1840 Van Hoosen Farmhouse replaced the log cabin built by the Taylor family when they first arrived and settled Stoney Creek Village in 1823.

The 1850 Red House
Built in approximately 1850, the Red House sat across the street from the Van Hoosen Farmhouse.

The 1848 Stoney Creek Schoolhouse
Two years after settling Stoney Creek, the Taylor family established a school in a plank house across the street from the current building.

The Van Hoosen Farm
The Van Hoosen Farm dates back to 1823 when Lemuel Taylor purchased 160 acres of land in Avon Township.

The Dairy Barn
The 1927 Van Hoosen Dairy Barn is the largest and most important building remaining on the Van Hoosen Farm.

The Milk House
The Milk House was built in 1911 to store milk before it was shipped to market.

The Calf Barn
The Calf Barn was built in 1927 and housed the newborn calves.

The Bull Barn
The Bull Barn was built in 1927 to house the bulls, the most valuable animals in the herd.

The Big Barn
Only the foundation remains along Runyon Road where farm equipment is parked today.

The Equipment Barn
Only the foundation remains along Runyon Road where the compost piles are today.

The Chicken Coops
Only the foundation remains along Runyon Road.

Foundation Area East of the Concrete Silo
The foundation area was several individual buildings at one time that later were joined together under one roof.

Construction Dates of City Structures
This exhibit incrementally displays the development of Avon Township (Rochester Hills) through marking construction plots (in colors by era on the map) during our community's history.

Other Notes

Stay Connected